Our script competition for playwrights is now open for entries!
For this contest, we are looking for the best written One-Act Play. This competition is open now and will close on January 31st, 2023. Our mission for this writing competition is to provide a fresh space for playwrights to write something new, or even enter some of their favorite work for more exposure. Each script entered will have the opportunity to be published on Scriptmore’s website. Scripts that are already published on Scriptmore’s website are not eligible for contest submission. Read below to understand the contest guidelines and the prize for the selected winners.
Rules and Guidelines
- One-Act Play scripts are required to be 10-40 minutes in length and can follow any genre. Please include the length of your script on the first page under the title.
- One-Act Play scripts must be written to be performed without an intermission.
- Do NOT include your name and contact information in the manuscript.
- Submissions can be already published scripts, however scripts that are already published on the Scriptmore website are not eligible for this contest.
- There is no limit on the number of scripts each playwright can submit.
- Submissions should meet basic script formatting requirements. Scripts may be submitted in the following file formats: Word, RTF, or Text file. Scripts will be stored in Scriptmore’s Script Engine for on-demand formatting for different devices or PDF generation.
- Please make sure that your submission(s) has the following:
- Your Name
- A detailed synopsis, cast list, prop list, and set description. Your script could also include a note for the director that would give them additional ideas on how to make their performance a success. (i.e. “When we performed this script, here is what worked for us.”)
- Each script has been proofed for grammar and typos. Read through each line out loud to make sure your dialogue makes sense.
- Consistent formatting. For instance, if your stage blocking is italicized, make sure that ALL your stage blocking is italicized.
- Pease include the length of your script on the first page under the title.
- Scripts that do not adhere to the guidelines above will be disqualified, so please review the guidelines carefully.
Submissions are completely free of charge.
The deadline for submissions is January 31st, 2023.
The selected winners will receive the following:
- Grand Prize: A $100 reward with promotion on all online platforms (website, e-newsletter, and social media).
- First Runner-Up: Script promotion on all online platforms (website, e-newsletter, and social media).
- Second runner-up: Script promotion on select online platforms (website and social media).
The winners will be announced through our blog by the end of February.
Submit the Script Using the Link Below:
One-Act Script Contest Submission
Each submitted One-Act Play will have the opportunity to be published on our website. If eligible, you can publish your submission on Scriptmore’s website for purchase. Fill out the information below to sell your script.
Sign Up to Sell Your Script On Scriptmore Using the Link Below:
Playwright Agreement | Scriptmore